2016 OFFICIAL RULE BOOK
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.0 BODY 2
2.0 WHEEL BASE 2
3.0 TRACK WIDTH 2
4.0 WEIGHTS 3
5.0 CHASSIS 3
6.0 SUSPENSION 4
7.0 SHOCKS 5
8.0 REAR ENDS 5
9.0 BRAKES/ROTORS/HUBS 5
10.0 WHEELS 5
11.0 TIRES 6
12.0 INTERIOR 6
13.0 SAFETY EQUIPMENT 7
14.0 RADIOS 8
15.0 EXHAUST 8
16.0 TRANSMISSION 8
17.0 DRIVESHAFT 8
18.0 FUEL SYSTEM 9
19.0 COOLING SYSTEMS 9
20.0 ELECTRICAL/IGNITION 9
21.0 ENGINE LOCATION 10
22.0 ENGINES 10
23.0 2BBL CARB TECH SHEET 13
- All bodies to be professionally built and available to all competitors such as 5-Star or AR Bodies.
- All bodies must be mounted to reflect a stock body. No wedge or down force bodies allowed. No radically altered bodies allowed. Bodies parts may not be altered
- Nose cone front edges must not extend past the edge of the front tire when straight. No wedge cutting of nose in front of the tire and pushing outward.
- Composite bodies only. No carbon fiber bodies allowed. Aluminum door panels are allowed.
- Doors and rear quarter panels must line up and be flat and smooth. Rear deck lid must be flat. Height subject to template.
- Tires may not extend outside the body lines. Bodies must be in good condition at all times. Bodies must be free from sharp edges.
- Roof height to be 47” minimum without driver.
- All bodywork to ride ground clearance to be 4”min driver in
- No under car aerodynamic devices allowed.
- No additional skirts allowed.
- Bodies should adhere to ABC installation guideline.
- Nose to remain at factory dimensions. Any wear strips to be added such that the factory dimension shown are maintained. Normal wear OK. See figure 1.
- Nose and hood height will be checked with the ABC centerline template. Max variance is 2.5”. see figure 2.
- Nose bottom at wheel opening not to be cut towards the front more than 2 inches see figure 2.
- Cars not meeting body rules will be penalized 50lb until corrected
Figure 1 Lower Nose Dimensions
Figure 2 Hood and Nose Location
- Front spoiler and side skirts minimum 4” ground clearance. Rear spoiler 6 ½” height maximum. No wrap around spoilers allowed
- Spoiler may not extend past the body and be 60” maximum in width
- A full front windshield, minimum .125” and a rear window a minimum .093” made of carbonate (Lexan) is required.
- Front window supports are required.
2 WEIGHT/WHEEL BASE/TRACK
- All weights will be race ready with driver and gear in seat and full of fuel. All ballast weights will be securely fastened and painted white with the car number on them.
- Stock factory front clip with fabricated chassis, 3050lbs. minimum.
- Fabricated front clip with fabricated chassis 3100lbs minimum.
- Maximum 56% percent left side, maximum 50% percent rear.
- Wheel base to be 104.5” to 108” maximum
- Track with 69” maximum as measured at spindle height from center of tire to center of tire, at 4 inch ride height.
- Cars with 66.5” track width or less can remove 50 lbs. from total weight.
- Car may be fabricated tube chassis or stock clip either perimeter or offset design.
- Fabricated frame rails must be a minimum of 2 x 3 x .095” steel tubing.
- All Fab clips must match factory mid ‘70s GM 2nd generation Camaro front lower pivot mounting dimensions.
- All stock clips must match original dimensions. Lower control arms, steering box and idler arm mounting points must not be moved. Stock clip must continue to lowest point rearward of lower control arm mount. Contact tech for clarification.
- Front lower pivots may not be adjustable.
- Stock front clips may be notched and boxed for clearance of bottom cross member.
- Chrome molly not recommended.
- Skid plates are allowed, and must provide for access by tech for checking crank height and access to lower control arm pivots.
3.2 GROUND CLEARANCE
- 4” minimum ground clearance of all parts of the car, including chassis and body.
- Front cross member on GM clips 3” minimum ground clearance
3.3 ROLL CAGE
- The roll cage must be constructed of a minimum of 1.75” x .095” wall round seamless tubing.
- Joints in major locations, door bars, dash bars, roof bars, must be gusseted.
- A minimum of 3 door bars are required on the left side and 2 on the right side. Left side door bars must curve out to the outer most part of the door design.
- All bends are to be mandrel bent. No exhaust type bends, or links or welded elbows are allowed.
- A 16 gauge steel plate must be added on driver’s door, from the rear hoop of the main cage to the front firewall and from the top door bar to the frame.
4.1 FRONT SUSPENSION
- 5 inch or larger coil. Must seat in factory spring recess.
- Lower control arms must be OE for clip. May be modified only for the addition of ball joint sleeves. Fab Camaro clips must have Camaro lower control arms or approved fab arms only.
- Port City/Victory Circle HD tubular arm #100-202-CL/R, and #100-202-CL/R-1 lower control arms are allowed. May be used on stock 2nd Gen Camaro clip.
- Tubular upper arms are allowed. Nonadjustable.
- Stock production steel spindles only. No pinto spindles allowed. Must be dimensionally correct to factory specifications. No grinding or bending of spindles allowed. Spindle may be drilled for tie rod bolts.
- No mono type ball joints allowed.
- Steel bushings are allowed. No threaded rod ends on lower pivots are allowed. Spherical bearings are allowed.
- Sway bar must be one piece only.
4.2 REAR SUSPENSION
- Leaf springs or 3 link only. No spring links allowed. 3rd link rubber bushings are allowed.
- No springs or shocks may be used to control the torsional rear end housing movement. No spring pan hard bars.
- No spring, rubber or poly link trailing arms or pan-hard allowed.
- Coil springs must be a minimum of 5” inches in diameter.
- Stock steering box and idler arm only. All steering must be approved by WESCAR.
- Laser cut center links are allowed. Modified stock center link are allowed
- Rod ends can be used in place of tie rods. Aluminum tie rod sleeves are allowed. Highly recommend steel tie rod sleeves.
- No rack and pinions
- Must be steel body shocks only. Single or mono tube only. Non-adjustable shocks only. Schrader valves allowed.
- No expanded reservoirs
- No exotic racing shocks allowed. No external or enlarged reservoirs.
- Approved shocks are:
- QA Shocks # 21, 22, 50,55, 57, and 59
- Bilstein # SZ, SL, SNS
- Afco R19XX, S12XX and S10XX
- Pro-TA, PG
- No aluminum parts on shocks. Only aluminum exterior part can be the shaft side end gland. Rod ends must be steel.
- Must be mounted directly to suspension. No cantilever or linkage set ups.
- Only 4 shocks on the car.
- No shocks inside springs.
- Standard size Quick change or full floaters 9” only. Must have magnetic steel axle tubes. No aluminum carriers on 9” inch rear ends. Hubs may be steel or aluminum. Axels may be gun drilled but must be magnetic steel.
- Full or mini spooled rear ends only.
- No cambered rear ends are allowed.
- No exotic parts or metals allowed.
- Must use a single piston cast iron/factory caliper.
- Check valve style circulatory systems allowed. No pump style systems allowed.
- All cars must have 4 wheel disc brakes in working condition.
- No scalloped front or rear rotors.
- Brake rotor/hub must be dimensionally equal in size and weight to available factory hub. Rotor diameter must not exceed 12 inches.
- May use aftermarket hub, but must be steel.
- No wide five hubs.
- Steel wheels only. Maximum wheel width is 10” inches.
- No home-made wheels.
- Must have a minimum of 5 steel lugs.
- Must have a minimum of 1” lug nuts.
- Must have all lugs nuts in place.
- The official tire will be AMERICAN RACER 970S - thick wall
- The tires you qualify on must be the same tires you start all of the day’s races on.
- No tires softeners or treating of tires allowed. No altering of the tire in any manner is allowed.
- Bleeders are allowed.
- Tire consumption may apply. Check with tech.
- All cars must have a full floorboard from fire wall to fire wall. A minimum of 16 gauge steel is required under the driver.
- Driver to be surround by 24 gauge steel including foot box, tunnel and behind driver seat.
- The rear area of the interior may be paneled straight across from the window lines. The forward part next to the driver may slope from the side of the tunnel to the right side window edge.
- All bars within the drivers reach must be padded with padding acceptable to WESCAR officials. Recommend padding which meets SFI 45.1 specification.
- Rear view and side view mirrors must be mounted inside the car.
9.2 DRIVER’S SEAT
- WESCAR approved racing quality seat is mandatory.
- No plastic or fiberglass seats. All seat mounting bolts to be minimum 3/8” or larger with a minimum 1” washer.
- Seat must be mounted to the frame and roll cage.
- It is recommended that the seat provides support to driver’s ribs, shoulders and legs when sitting in a normal racing position.
- Headrest/head surround must be mounted to seat or roll cage that will give full support to drives helmet when sitting in a normal racing position.
- An WESCAR approved window net is mandatory on all cars.
- Net must be installed so it is tight.
- Window net anchors must be attached to the roll bars, not the body.
- Window net must be quick-release type.
- Nut must be permanently anchored at the bottom and release from the top, with a minimum of one quick-release.
- Wide mesh nets only. Recommend window net meets SFI specification 27.1,with a minimum of ½” ribbon or larger.
- Full face helmets which meet Snell SA 2005 or SFI specification 31.1 or more recent standards are to be used.
- It is required that the drivers wear driving suits of fire resistant material that effectively covers the body from the neck to the ankles and wrists. Recommended that the driver’s suit meet SFI specification 3.2A/5 . It is also recommended that the driver wear fire resistant underwear and required that drivers wear fire resistant gloves which meets SFI specification 3.3/5. Fire resistant shoes which meets SFI specification 3.3 are highly recommend.[K2]
- ALL cars will be equipped with a minimum 3” wide seat belt, two-piece shoulder harness and a crotch strap with a metal-to-metal center release. Recommended drivers restraint system which meets SFI specification16.5, All safety belts must be mounted per manufacturers recommendations. This system must be in good condition with a five year maximum dating.
- Shoulder harness should run through a welded loop behind the driver seat. Restraint system must be securely attached to the roll cage structure.
- All drivers are to use an WESCAR approved head and neck restraint system. Recommend restraint system which meets SFE specification 38.1.[K3]
- Any driver removing head and neck restraint system on the track will be black flagged. Safety inspector has final say.
- All cars must be equipped with a five pound fire extinguisher, fully charged, Halon Type, DuPont FE36 or equivalent, securely mounted with working gage. The fire extinguisher must be mounted within easy reach of the driver in the normal seated race position. Gage should be mounted in a manner to be read from the top side.
- An emergency main battery disconnect which removes all power must be located in the center of the dash panel. The switch must be labeled clearly ON/OFF. Moroso switch PN 74100 or comparable is mandatory.
- Radios are required for all drivers, crew chiefs and/or spotters.
- All spotters are required to have radio, in contact with the driver, and recommend they monitor race control during the race.
- All spotters must be in the spotter’s area as set up by WESCAR officials during the race.
- All radios frequencies must be registered with WESCAR.
- All cars must have a working muffler that can meet a noise Level of 95 decibels at 100 feet.
- Exhaust must exit under vehicle and behind the driver’s seat. It is recommended that it exits through the body or rear quarter panel. May not protrude outside the body with proper shield in place.
- No stainless steel or other exotic exhaust systems like SPD allowed.
- System may be jet coated. No merge collectors.
- Any standard transmission is allowed. Must be in general production from Ford, GM, Dodge.
- Must function in all gears and cannot be lightened or modified. No gun drilling or exotic parts.
- Richmond T-10 is allowed as long as it is synchronized and works in all gears.
- No special built Brinn, Jerico or T-10 modified racing or standard racing built allowed.
- No automatic transmissions allowed. Contact tech for more info.
- A steel clutch scatter shield is required. Clutches are to be stock diameter with stock diameter steel flywheel and steel pressure plate. Must be a 153 tooth and measure 12 7/8 diameter. Clutch disk must be 10 ½” inch in diameter and be steel.
- No lightening holes allowed.
- Drive shaft must be steel. No aluminum or carbon fiber drive shafts allowed.
- Drive shafts must be painted white.
- Two Drive shaft hoops are mandatory and must be ¼” inch thick by 2.0” inch wide and mounted to the frame within 6.0” inches from the front yoke and 12.0” inches from the rear yoke.
- Fuel cell mandatory, maximum 22 gallons and must be an approved racing type soft bladder only.
- Fuel cell must be mounted behind the rear axle housing, between the frame rails.
- All fuel cells must be mounted no lower than 10.0” inches from the ground.
- Fuel cell must be enclosed in a separate container made of a minimum of 22 gauge steel.
- Fuel cell must have 2 guard protector bars centered behind the cell.
- Fuel cell must be a minimum of 8” inches from the rear bumper.
- Fuel cell and container must be mounted to the frame.
- Fuel cell must have a roll over check valve in working order.
- Filler tube must be grounded to the fuel cell container.
- Fuel cell must have a vent tube that exits the car at the rear and is venting below the bottom of the fuel cell.
- Fuel lines must be mounted above the bottom of the frame rails and between the frame rails. All fuel line must be made of steel or braided type fuel line only. No copper or aluminum line allowed.
- Fuel lines are not allowed in the driver’s compartment.
- No electric fuel pumps allowed.
- All fuel filters must be metal case type.
- Fuel – must run on gasoline, no additives.
- WESCAR reserves the right to spec a fuel
- All systems must be front mounted.
- One coolant overflow tank with a minimum of 1 quart is required.
- No ethylene or propylene glycol based anti-freeze can be used. Water wetter OK.
- All cars must have a working starter.
- The battery must be located outside the driver’s compartment and securely mounted within the frame rails.
- Any stock type distributors are allowed. No magnetos.
- May use aftermarket ignition system.
- Ignition switches to be clearly labeled in the off position and within the drivers reach when buckled in.
- No traction control devices of any kind are allowed.
- All cars maximum 1-inch engine set back from center of the #1 spark plug hole to the line projected across the upper ball joints. Includes all crate engines.
- 108” inch wheel base cars may set engine back 2 inches from the #1 spark plug hole
- 2bbl Iron headed Ford and Dodge engines may set back 2” inch from the #1 spark hole, and 3” inch on 108” inch wheel base cars.
- Crank shaft height must be 11” minimum from the ground up to the center line of the crank shaft. Measured at 4 inch ride height.
- Engines to located within 1” of center line measured between the lower inner pivots
19.1 WCSS/Provincial Sportsman Engines (PSE)
- 365 cubic inch maximum
- Heads, stock OEM or listed aftermarket , World Products S/R torquer #042660, 042750, Windsor JR #053030, Chrysler P5007950, Pro Top Line Vortec #223 6494 083, #223 6494 906, these heads are only allowed with 1:94 intake valve and 1:50 exhaust valve.
- Vortec heads numbers 10239906 and 12558062. Original GM vortex heads allowed a 2:02 intake valve and 1:60 exhaust valve.
- No titanium Valves allowed. No plunge cutting of bowls allowed. Cutting action concentric to valve stem is allowed. No porting. Must remain untouched by grinder or any other method to enlarge port or shape or volume
- Four barrel aluminum intake manifolds are allowed (not on spec motor)
- Two bbl. Holley 4412. Base plate must match. Carburetor must meet attached sheet
- No dry sumps or external wet sumps allowed except for CASCAR cars may use dry sumps.
- Fords may use Single stage external oil pumps but must have all engine oil in the oil pan.
- Must have flat tapped cam. No roller cams, mushroom lifters or radius lifters are allowed.
- 11:1 maximum compression.
- Cast iron production blocks only. No aluminum blocks.
- Engine blocks and heads may not be lightened.
- No vacuum systems allowed.
- No magnetos.
19.2 CRATE ENGINES
- All crate engines must have an WESCAR seals and tech sheet completed and approved by an WESCAR authorized engine dyno shop.
- All work done to a crate engine must be documented and re-certified by a WESCAR approved dyno.
- Rebuilds must conform exactly to the crate engine guide book from GM or FORD. If an engine builder has any questions, they should CONTACT TECH.
- Ford crate M6007-D357SR or 604 crate engine, #88958604 is the only approved crate engine. Must remain unmodified. Must have 6400 rev chip maximum that is easily accessible by tech and not accessible by the driver.
- Mini clutch - Quarter master part #100-28590ZZ or Ford Quartermaster 30028580/30028590
- All dynoed engines will be allowed to compete when dyno sheets have been received and approved by WESCAR. Authorized Dyno Facility is Jim’s Engines PG and Richmond Engines.
- Schoenfeld 135VCM3 crate motor headers only. Ford Schoenfeld 335V-3CM
- Holley 0-80541-1 650 CFM 4 bbl carburetor only, no modifications allowed.
- Carb spacer to maximum of 1” thick.
- Maximum 94 octane fuel. No additives allowed.
- No vacuum systems.
- Must use OEM balancer supplied with the crate engine.
- WESCAR reserves the right to have the engine dynoed at any time.
19.3 WESCAR 2BBL RECIPE ENGINE
- No carb spacer allowed
- Compression ratio: 11:1 maximum
- Oil pan must be steel and have a ½ inch pipe plug installed above oil level to allow tech camera to be inserted.
- Balancer: Engine must have an SFI approved harmonic balancer
- Minimum installed weight 40 lbs
- Minimum rod journal diameter 2.0”
- Max stoke 3.48” +/-0.020
- Made from steel and non-exotic in design
- Flat top
- Max bore 4.060”
- Connecting rods
- Max 6.0” length
- Made from steel only – H or I beam in design
- Mechanical roller max lift 0.600” at the valve
- Measured at zero lash
- Must use a lifter with a moving roller. No “Shubeck” or radius lifter designs
- No “keying” of lifter bores
- Lifter bores must be GM factory 0.843” +/- .002”
- Cam drive must be driven by a chain or belt only
19.3.5 Engine Block
- Aftermarket block optional , Dart SHP # 31161111 only,
- No lightening allowed.
- Factory lifter bore diameter must be maintained.
- Contact tech if block has large diameter lifters
19.3.6 Cylinder Heads:
- 1.94” intake valve and 1.50” exhaust valve only on the following heads:RHS # 12407 ( 1.94” , 1.50” )world products S/R torquer #042660, 042670, 042650, 042750, windsor jr #053030 Chrysler head P5007950 Pro top-line vortec #223 6494 083, #223 6494 906,
- Original GM vortec heads p/n 10239906 and 12558062 are allowed 2.02” intake valve and 1.60” exhaust valve.
- No plunge cutting bowl
- Cutting action concentric to the valve stem is acceptable
- Untouched by a grinder, or any other method used to enlarge the port shape or volume.
- No lightening of cylinder heads
- No Titanium valves
19.3.7 Intake manifold:
- Edelbrock # 2912 - Victor Jr. Sportsman 2V for vortec heads,
- Non-vortec heads is # 2901
- No grinding, gluing or inserting of any material to change shape or volume.
19.4 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- No external oil pumps or vacuum pumps allowed (except Ford – one pressure stage only – no operable scavenge stages)
- Engine blocks and cylinder heads may not be lightened
20 2BBL CARB TECH SHEET
- Understand that there is ZERO tolerance on carb tech. Every part of the carb must be exact to the rules. If you have purchased your carb from a rebuilder, it is your responsibility to ensure the carb is correct. Carbs will be teched EVERY RACE.
- The carburetor rule is intended to allow all competitors to purchase a legal and competitive carb over the counter. Only minimal modifications are allowed to prepare this carb for oval racing. If your carb does not meet all of the specifications listed below, it is the responsibility of the driver or car owner to ensure the carb is legal.
- Choke Horn must be completely intact and untouched. Choke plate, choke shaft and all other choke related linkages and components may be removed.
- Air Bleeds
- Factory type air bleeds only.
- No screw in air bleeds Main Venturi/booster Venturi.
- No modifications to the main venturies or booster venturies.
- Booster venturi must be standard Holley airfoil type.
- Booster venturi must measure 0.385 +/- 0.010 ID.
- Booster venturi must measure 0.615 +/- 0.010 OD.
- Main venturi casting mark must be visible on apex of main venturi.
- Must pass Holley venturi tool.
20.2 CARB BODY
- Mill mating surface for metering block square ok.
- No other milling, drilling or grinding allowed.
- Throttle Plate/Base Plate
- Must be stock bore 1.6875 +/- 0.010.
- Must have factory brass Phillips screws – untouched.
- Swaged part of throttle plate screw must be intact.
- Throttle shaft and plate combined thickness must be 0.200 +/- 0.010.
- May have holes drilled in throttle plate.
- Must pass Holley base plate tool.
20.3 FLOAT BOWL
- Must have factory float bowl.
- May use oval track float.
- May use h/d needle and seat.
- Metering Plate
- Must be factory production metering plate (no performance types).
- No grinding or modifying of metering plate.
- No external mixture adjusters allowed.
- Jet Side
- 2 holes for jets only, no other modifications allowed. Jets may be changed.
- Power Valve Side
- May plug power valve.
- May change power valve.
- No extra holes allowed.
- No extra emulsion holes allowed in main well (only 4 factory holes TOTAL).
SEE PICTURE FOR CLARIFICATION* If you have any questions, please check with the tech crew